Sunday, September 12

Flea Market Finds


Oh what joy, my heart nearly skipped a beat when I spotted these 8 bowls.
Wrapped in masking tape with the asking price of $2! No chips just a bit of wear and tear, I wonder if porridge was eaten from these bowls or pudding.



I adore "depression green" china and am hoping one day to own a dinner set.
I have lots of side plates the odd cup and saucer but I have yet to find any dinner plates.



These are Johnsons of Australia, I also have the english Johnsons, a few pieces of Meakin called Jade and Grindley call this colour Almond Petal.
Pop over to Sophies and see who else is playing along this week.

10 comments:

nadine paduart said...

'depression green' - it almost sounds romantic. i wonder if perhaps this ware is what we call arcopal?
anyway! it is a great find.

marian said...

oh wow, my heart skipped a beat for you! what a fab find! i LOVE anything green :)

Megan said...

very nice find! i'm voting on porridge, just because, and now i feel like some..

Cherie said...

WOW $2.00 for Johnsons is a phenomenal find - well done! Hope you have a wonderful week. xo.

Leah said...

well done, fantastic find!

Knicky Knacks said...

Love them and the fact that you know their name - rather sad name though - they don't look depressed!!!:)

Kt said...

They're a lovely colour- so soft. What a find!

melania said...

Ooooh lovely! I've imposed a limitation to blue and green when I see them (plus the occasional pink!). Great find!

suzanne said...

Oh Melissa, I suppose this is not the time to tell you that at the sale I went to up at Kapunda on Sat, there was a stack of these, I think probably more than 12 just sitting in amongst nothing else that matched, just the BIG stack of green plates.......they were a really soft mint green?
I even turned them over to see what the stamp was, and it was the same as you have here pictured....
mmmmmmmm I am saying swear words in my head..........x

debby emadian said...

How lovely...they look too delicate for porridge.....but I'd use them for everything....I imagine really delicate deserts being eaten from these...although if they were made in the depression porridge is probably all people could afford to eat.

I've got an old Meakin set that was my grandmothers....a serving bowl and desert dishes that I sometimes use....but am worried about breaking....it has such sentimental value.....

...enjoy using these....

Deb